WIP Wednesday: Road Trip Case & Hexie Quilt

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Road Trip Case

An A2MQG guild mate, Amy of Blotch and Thrum, showed off her Road Trip Case at one of our recent meetings and it inspired me to make one for myself. I pulled together an assortment of Cotton + Steel prints for my bag and stayed up a little too late finishing this. So late that I made a lot of groggy, sleep-deprived mistakes. Luckily, the pattern is well-written and forgiving and I still managed to come out with a great finished product.

Road Trip Case

I've been slowly pulled over to the dark side of English Paper Piecing, thanks to my friend Sarah, and I finally decided to go big or go home. I pulled together a palette of low volume prints, gold, turquoise and navy fabrics and hope to make a lap sized quilt of three ring hexie flowers. This is definitely going to be a long-term project as it will require around 1500 hexagons (check out this great EPP quilt size calculator).

  Road Trip Case

I'm linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday feature with this post.

2 comments

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It