Middletown, CT

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I grew up in Middletwon, CT, so I took Jon on a little tour of my old town. Our first stop was at the waterfall just down the street from my old house.
Middletown, CT Waterfall
My dad used to take lot of pictures of us in front of here when we were growing up. I remember waiting in agony for him to get the settings right so we could just be done taking pictures already. Little did I know that I would inherit his annoying photographer gene years later!
Middletown, CT Waterfall

Russell Public Library, Middletown, CT
The highlight of my visit to the city was seeing my old public library. My mom used to take us here all the time and I loved exploring the place! It was fun to see where the first seeds of my career as a librarian were planted.

Russell Public Library, Middletown, CT
The adult reading room.

Russell Public Library, Middletown, CT
The youth room. The picture book shelves are such a great way for kids to browse books. I wish my library could afford to install shelves like these.

Russell Public Library, Middletown, CT
My sister, Ruth, and I hung out on this rainbow sculpture all the time!

lunch at ION in Middletown, CT
We had a lovely lunch at this fantastic vegetarian restaurant, It's Only Natural, before heading to our next destination.

 View the rest of the photos here.

1 comment

  1. I didn't know you're from Middletown! I wish I'd known you were going to be in CT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It