2010 Garden: Week 10

Friday, August 6, 2010

2010 Garden: Week 10
It's come to the point in the summer where I start my neglecting the garden. It happens every year around this time. I've finally realized that it's not because I'm sick of gardening. It's actually because my job is sucking up all of my energy. My big catalog deadline is looming (next week, Thursday!) and I'm working myself to the bone every day. By the time I get home at night it's all I can do to find something to eat and crash in front of the tv before falling asleep for the night. You'll notice that there was no update for Week 9. That's actually because I didn't go in our back yard at all last week (lame, I know!). Thank goodness Jon keeps it watered for me!

2010 Garden: Week 10
Needless to say, next Friday I will be reclaiming the garden (or what's left of it that the weeds haven't taken over!)

For now, I'm dreaming of fresh pesto made from my 6 thriving basil plants and lots of butternut and spaghetti squash this fall and winter (can you spot the tiny squash growing at the top of the trellis in the first photo?).

7 comments

  1. I do the same thing (and am glad to know I'm not alone)! I made myself get out there this week. I've continued to neglect the spinach and chard for now, but reclaimed the tomatoes -- they take so much work!
    Pesto sounds really good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow is all i can say. you put my pathetic little containers garden to shame! i can't wait to redo the backyard and start a new, big garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. even if you feel you're ignoring it, your garden is looking fantastic!
    hooray for a fall full of butternut squash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - it's blooming like mad! I hope you find some time and energy to get out there, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the squash! :) My garden (flowers not veggies) looks awful right now, it's just too hot for gardening anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you.....work is sucking up all of my energy and not much is left for gardening. Weeds are winning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had a ugly week at work and sometimes is hard work at the garden too.
    but yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It