2010 Garden: Week 8

Friday, July 23, 2010

The garden is finally starting to fill out! We're getting lots of cucumbers, zucchini, beans and peppers these days. It's always nice to go outside to pick dinner for the evening. Jon made a delicious green pepper and onion stir fry the other night and I'm dreaming about it again for dinner tonight.

2010 Garden: Week 8
I've been a bit lazy about training the squash plants, but I was able to tie them up on Sunday and now the butternut and spaghetti squash have almost reached the top of the trellis. Next year, I will be on the lookout for vining zucchini and summer squash.

4 comments

  1. I think your garden is awesome....You literally dug in with both feet and hands. I've only yielded one cucumber so far from my little plot -- it's a little discouraging, but there are a few blossoms so I'm hopeful for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, can I come over and just eat all the veggies from your garden? Fresh veggies are my favorites, especially tomatoes. When we get a house and can have a garden, I'll be coming to you for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your garden is looking fantastic!
    we've had enough rain that i've just been ignoring mine - to the point where the other day i walked by and noticed a zucchini larger than my forearm! how did that get there?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your garden is amazing!! and the best part is the dinner time! sounds like a Jon is very good at kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It