Ribbed Vest

Thursday, May 7, 2009



I ran into this pattern on ravelry last week and stopped by my local yarn store to pick up the yarn and pattern to make one for myself. I knit it up in four days with a little break in there to help Jon with his office floor.





The vest is actually knit flat and then folded in half and sewn up the sides to make the arm holes. It's reversible and the pattern is one size fits all with a nice thick, bulky yarn, so it was a fun and quick knit.






Pattern: Baby Alpaca Grande Vest N026
by Sarah Punderson

Yarn: Berroco Peruvia Quick (4 skeins)
Color: 9117 Charcoal Grey
Needles: 13
Rav link: craftr's ribbed vest





16 comments

  1. That is great! I need to head to the yarn shop pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is great! I have been obsessed with gray as of late, but I also love the shape of this. I might be finishing a sweater in the next couple of days. Which is funny since it just got warm yesterday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice chunky yarn, beautiful vest. you're such a great knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! this is a super cool vest! i really like it!
    i might have to see if there is some bulky yarn in my stash that i could use to make one of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute vest! 4 days - you are impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I wouldn't think a vest would be a quick project but you really pulled it off! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute one! perfect for this midway weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, and in just 4 days, wow!
    Cheers,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! and it looks so nice on you. I have always been interested in Plymouth Yarn patterns, but haven't been able to find them to buy. I will just have to lust over your vest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very flattering vest! I agree, it looks lovely on you. It looks very comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those quick knits are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love it! you must be a quick knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really cute. i'd like to place an order, svp. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I am so impressed. If I ever get past scarves and dishcloths, maybe I'll actually try knitting a piece of clothing...right now it's just on the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am starting it now, and was in ribbing/ hat mode and joined it. grr and duh. I will now rip it out and start over. Thanks for the reminder to knit it flat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It