pincushion swap

Wednesday, May 27, 2009




I participated in a pincushion (+other goodies) swap on one of the Ravelry sewing boards a few weeks ago. For the swap, I made a pear pincushion from Heather Bailey’s pincushion pattern set for Stacey. I had a fun time playing with fabric combos and ended up using the woodgrain because my swap partner’s husband is a woodworker and has just started building their dream home.






I received this lovely package from Vicky. She put together a wonderfully themed package on spring gardening with lots of flower, spring and bee hive related goodies. Isn’t this flower pot and bee hive pincushion set adorable?





15 comments

  1. your pear pin cushion is beautiful!
    i love the matchy leaf pins too!
    what a fun swap - ravelry is so good for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun swap; I love the little bees on the beehive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARLING pear pincushion, and I love that you used the woodgrain to really make it meaningful. And I love the hive and flower set too! Are those little bee pins???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaps are so fun! The pear you made is so pretty. I love theh little leaf pins. And the beehive and potted flower pin cushions are so cute! I love how quilting and sewing groups have snuck into Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of the pin cushions are too cute - That beehive is just adorable! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are so lucky! You got a great package in return. And I love your pear pin cushion, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the one you made, and the one you received is just amazing! such detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I meant to participate in that swap but forgot about it and missed the sign-ups. Hopefully I remember next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those pin cushions...I just put my pins in a bowl...it's dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great swap! love your pear, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so incredibly cute! Are those little bee pins?!? I love the pear that you made, so sweet. Sounds like a fun swap. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow- that is so cute- I love them both so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pear is so cute, and so are the gifts you received!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It