bubble stitch bag

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I came across this pattern in one of my many hours spent browsing the pattern galleries on ravelry. I was immediately drawn to the colors in the yarn, so I purchased both the pattern and identical yarn to begin this project.






I really liked working with Noro Kureyon. The colors are beautiful and the yarn is nice and sturdy. The yarn is so rough that it actually starts felting together once it is knit. I had to rip the yarn apart when it came to do the bubble stitch, but it was nice to know that it wasn't going to fall apart if I accidentally dropped a stitch. And, working with self striping yarn is always exciting because you never know what color is going to come out of the ball next.






This bag came together a bit strange. I accidentally knit one extra repeat on the first side, so when I started casting off on the second side, I realized that the bag was 12 rows shorter. Rather than frogging my work, I brought the bag to my sewing machine, used the fake serging feature to sew a new bottom edge and then trimmed off the extra rows (yeah, I know I shouldn't have done this, but I just don't have the patience to rip out my work).







So, the bag is not perfectly constructed, but it should work just fine as a handbag and that's all that matters. It's a cute, fun little knit that came together fairly quickly. I finished it off by lining it with some pink fabric.

Here are the details:

Pattern: Bubble Stitch Bag
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Color #95
Needles: 8
Ravelry Link



16 comments

  1. Very cute bag! That yarn is perfect for the pattern. Is the handle pretty sturdy? It sure looks great and looks like a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bad...those colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out great! Very cute.
    Remember when you drew up a tutorial for me on how to line a bag. It was for this bag and I have yet to make it. I bought enough yarn to make 2 bags. Gosh, that must have been at least 2 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "are you kidding me" first thing out of my mouth when I saw this! It's so beautiful and the texture must be amazing! I love bags - this could be something to get the needles out for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute - really love the blend of colors! Maybe I should learn to knit.....oh yeah, I don't have time to finish the projects I already have.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag! It's beautiful and the Noro is a perfect yarn for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love it! And good for you with the improvising. That is something that I need to work on for myself. It looks so cute! Love the colors too. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect!! What a great marriage between the pattern and the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is the coolest bag...that bubble stitch is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful! The colors are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bag! The bubble stitch works very nicely in Kuryeon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Love you guys too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Remember, it's not a mistake, it's a design challenge. And it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's cute! i always wondered about that Noro yarn, because it felt so rough, but this looks like the perfect application for it. what a great little bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It