knitting projects

Monday, December 22, 2008

I finally finished up the February Lady Sweater for NaKniSweMo last Monday (about 15 days late). After a thorough wet blocking, the sweater was set to wear and I love how it turned out! Here's a flat photo of the finished sweater. You can find more details here on Ravelry.






I went a little yarn crazy around here to pick up the remaining yarn for my Zig Zag afghan (which has been neglected, but not forgotten!).


How did I get all of those hanks of yarn into balls? Oh, with my new swift, of course!



I really like working with this and it is so pretty to watch it spinning away while I make balls. I picked it up a City Knits in Detroit, where I was lucky enough to meet and talk with the owner, Karen Kendrick-Hands, who designed the Lifted Twill hat pattern for Interweave Knits Winter 09. I picked up these two skeins of Misti Alpaca Chunky to make this hat myself.





9 comments

  1. Your February Lady turned out great! If I had one, I would wear it every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater! Beautiful.
    Yarn Swifts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rebekah! I love love love that sweater! You did a beautiful job! Now you must model it for us, okay? :~)
    I like your swift too. I've never heard of one, but now I am thinking that I needs me one.
    Beautiful yarn. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as usual, i don't know where to begin gushing over all those colors, and pretty things!
    so i will just say - that will be a fabulous blanket, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your sweater is gorgeous!!!
    i bought my first hank of yarn a few weeks ago and they spun it into a ball for me. oh, i loved that...so pretty! your yarn choices are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your green sweater; it’s so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the sweater is lovely! And I love the pics of you in it in the next post... too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It