garden progress

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our garden is finally getting to the fun part! Every day we spot a few more blooms and vegetables growing.






So far we've been enjoying the lettuce and bean crops. Up next are the green peppers and zucchini.





And the front garden is starting to fill in. I'm still in search of the perfect red shade/sun plant. Last year the celosia died out from too much sun and this year the impatiens could hardly be called thriving. Do you have any suggestions for me? If worse comes to worse, I will have to go with begonias (don't ask me why, but I've just never really liked these flowers. Although they do look nice in a thick, colorful border).





I can't believe it but I'm just one presentation and three weeks away from ending my first class! The craft projects are piling up around here, so dontcallmebecky should be resuming its craft/quilt blog soon. I'm dying to get my hands on some of these new sublime stitching patterns!



12 comments

  1. the garden looks fabulous! and did i ever tell you i love that red door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden keeps looking better and better. did i mention how much i like your house??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be one prolific garden. The house looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peppers look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have actual peppers! Mine magically turned into tomato plants. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love garden time! Since I no longer have my own little garden, I like to check out the flower garden at a local park down the street. Everyday something different shows up.
    Still can't get over what a cute house you have!
    My projects have been backing up too with school lately. Congrats you are heading towards the end of the semester. I still have another5 weeks left. So I am about mid way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hurray for fresh garden produce! your garden looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks wonderful! What class are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic garden. I can't wait until we have room to plant a garden. I just love your house, so cute! The red door gets me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of your house. It looks just like the street where I grew up in Upstate NY. Sniff. I miss green grass yards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a successful semester! I always enjoy seeing pictures of your beautiful gardens and your house. Just some plants that came to mind: bee balm, red zinnias, snapdragons, verbena, salvia, and new guinea impatiens. I've given myself a year off of gardening so I will have to enjoy yours. :~)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It