fun gifts

Saturday, July 19, 2008


My friend, Catherine, just got back from two weeks in Europe and she was so thoughtful to bring me this Marie Claire Idées magazine. She had no idea that I was a fan of the magazine. I guess, she's just such a good friend that we're on the same wavelength!





I would love to make this blanket with embroidered/crocheted flowers. I'll add it to my list and hopefully figure out the diagram instructions soon.





I sent Cami a box of my much neglected scrapbook supplies and she sent me this great package of adorable handmade cards and a set of fat quarters.




I've been staring at this fabric for weeks trying to come up with the perfect project to showcase them. I think I might try a zig zag quilt alternating these fabrics along with a solid complementary color. Thanks, Cami, for this great package!




And, surprise of all surprises, I actually won a drawing giveaway. The one and only time I've ever won something was at a cakewalk back when I was in fourth grade. So, needless to say, I've had an 18 year dry spell! John, of Quilt Dad, did a giveaway in honor of his 50th post and I was one of the winners. I just received the package yesterday and he sent a cute bag that he made that was filled with lots of candy, North Carolina treats, a card and two mix CD's. It was such a fun package to open up at the end of a long work week. Shinji was just as excited to open it as I was (he's a big fan of all things plastic). Thanks John!



13 comments

  1. ooooh, i love that blanket! if you figure out how to make it, maybe a tutorial or something...? hint, hint. and yay - i love your loot! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome scores! I love the flower blanket and can't wait to see how you do it. When you mentioned using the fat quarter fabric for a zig zag, I thought that sounded perfect. Don't you just love happy mail days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could so see those fat quarters in the zig zag quilt. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goodies..both the mag and the bag with the sweets. The bag looks fab ..love the fabrics!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the magazine was a hit! I like that blanket too. Maybe I'll do a pillow ;o) Glad I could add to your project list....

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what goodies! those cards are beautiful and i'm with the cat in wanting the candy! that blanket is something i'd want to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very welcome! I hope you like everything ... and get some good use out of that bag! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. I LOVE that little collection of fat quarters you received. Khaki might be nice as the solid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't good mail the best? you got some wonderful goodies! I love how the fat quarters are folded.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those fabrics look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make a hexagon and triangle quilt with those fabrics! The fabrics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great gift! Love the fat quarters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your so very welcome. Thanks again for the scrapbook stuff. That is a super cute bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It